::Words of Wisdom...

Friday, May 26, 2006

::The Journey down the World of Darkness Trail

I commuted to work today via my slick new Trek 7200 bicycle. The ride was nice, it was like exploring a new part of the world.. you almost forget you are in the middle of a group of towns. You get the chance to get a breath of fresh air. Like I said the ride was nice.. its when the ride is over that the world come slamming down on you.

I'll admit I'm out of shape and probably could have done the ride a little faster.. maybe as I go it will get better.. but for now my ass hurts... not so much the ass but the crouch area. Saddle sore I guess you'd call it.

I'm definitely glad to have done it though... I'll be saving shitloads of money on gas. And I feel like I'm giving a big Fuck You to the oil companies! And yeah, I'll be in better shape maybe. I like the Fuck You better as an incentive.

12 comments:

dr sardonicus said...

Thwarting Peak Oil, one pedal at a time.

I miss bike riding terribly - my back problems have forced me to give it up. There's just no way to find any kind of comfortable position on a bicycle after having a low back spinal fusion.

:: reiynscape :: said...

I bet you sorta like the pain.

:: reiynscape :: said...

How you doing on that bike lately? I wish I had a bike..well there is a boys one here...but that coochie busting bar keeps me away from it.

Mr. T said...

Better.. second ride was today.. starting out three times a week, that is if the weather allows.

Got some gloves which REALLY help the tingling sensation of riding...

Now I just need some nice stretchy pants... for fun :P

ok.. coochie busting?? I thought the design was more so a lady wouldn't have to swing her leg up so high... like riding side saddle ...
:)

Scott said...

Nice Mr. T. Glad to see that you aren't letting time have its way with you. Don't try to get back in the ring with Rocky just yet. One step at a time.

:: reiynscape :: said...

"tingling sensation of riding"
"riding side saddle"

heheh heheheh *grin*

Yes, I digressed to being a perv. Wait! I am.

Ben O. said...

Hey - I just stopped by to say hello.

I'm going through my archives hitting everyone's site that commented on my blog in the early days.

Later - Ben O.

Beth said...

How many miles is it? Did I miss it? I missed the ride obviously, but wasn't sure of the mileage. I remember my early morning long distance runs ... I miss those. Extremely peaceful. I used to call it my church.

Good for you! If I went out more than once a week, I'd try to stick it to the gas man too. (stick it in a ... well, you know)

Mr. T said...

Beth - Its a ten-mile ride one way with a few hills (overpasses really) so its a good work out.

Beth said...

Ahhh, hills. In running, you don't look at up at the hill, you look directly at the road in front of you, but never up. It's a mind trick that makes the hill seem shorter. I've never tried it on a bike because I was riding on a road. Maybe it would work.

Good for you either way!

mr. schprock said...

As a veteran bike commuter, I would like to welcome you to the club, Mr. T! Just watch out for those cars. They're bigger than you and not easily intimidated.

Scott said...

Hey, what happened to Mrs. T's blog?