::Words of Wisdom...

Monday, August 20, 2007

::Queen of Rock

 

Last night I fulfilled the dreams of not one but two princesses.

Yes, I am THAT good.

I took them to see the Queen of Rock, Pat Benatar
She's still pretty hot and can still wail!

It was an awesome show.  The opening act was Lennon, who played her music on piano beautifully despite being a metal act.

PatBenatar

 

benatar and elyssa I think the best part was sharing it with my daughter.  She was SO excited to see "Benatar" and Lennon she screamed for because she thought the piano was great!
We danced and sang along, it was a blast.

My son was a little bored with the concert but he managed through it.

We are looking forward to INXS at the end of the month, maybe he'll enjoy them more.

Overall, it was a great time and it was truly fantastic to be able to fulfill the childhood dreams of both my beautiful princesses.

2 comments:

dr sardonicus said...

Lennon's a local girl - I've been hearing about her since she was 14. She splits the difference between Tori Amos and Trent Reznor. She's had an interesting time of it - her bio on her website gives you the basics, check it out if you get a minute.

Pat Benatar has a great voice and still looks good, and that's about the only useful things I have to say about her.

morgetron said...

I took Twelve-O-Matic to see Evanescence for her 12th b-day. It was soooo gooood.

Then like a month later or so I won tix to the Fall Out Boy concert. Another good one.

I think sharing live music with kids is right up there with reading books to them every night.