::Words of Wisdom...

Friday, October 14, 2005

:: And with a wince he put on the shackles...

of Corporate life. The new job will probably get better once I'm doing something other than reading docs and slowly testing my limits on what I can install on my laptop and what I can browse via the internet. The good and bad of corporate life is that its so big you can probably skirt by without getting noticed or on the other hand they can come down on you with the wrath of nanotech and ban you from Homestar Runner forever... so I bide my time and wait for the projects with which to bury myself in and slowly stretch my wings to see what gives.

I miss the Cali weather already... its been nothing but miserable weather-wise. But I'm definitely liking the space we have with the new home... definitely liking the idea that even though we live in an expensive part of Virginia.. its pennies comparatively to California. Sad isn't it? I'm NOT liking the fact that the only HSI I can get is Adelphia and they are blocking port 80!! How the bleeding hell am I suppose to run my own server if they block port 80? Sure I can port map but its just not the same. Anyone got some rackspace for a cobalt RAQ4 and a WINTEL server?
Sigh.. A friend of mine told me that if I can get 10 neighbors to call Verizon and request Fiber to the Home (FOTH) that they'll expedite the area on their "to do" list. I'm thinking that might be a good idea.

This post is mostly me rambling but its late and its friday and my work week felt like two... so deal with it, I am.

7 comments:

Beth said...

I know nothing about ports, but I know the weather will get better. It HAS to get better. =)

Ms. Eva said...

If you need a good home for the server lemme know ;)
LOL

Scott said...

Welcome to my side of the country Mr T. Can't help you with your server problems--I can barely understand what they are. I know blocking port 80 is a bit odd.

Anonymous said...

Adelphia is stupid...all around!!!

-S

:: reiynscape :: said...

Port 80 blocking beetoochs!

That is frelled up! Curious if they do that to encourage ppl to buy webspace from the service provider..

I like testing the waters...I like to know the boundaries. I hope you will at least be able to run aim.

-v.

Jan said...

does this mean your kaje email isn't working? thats all I have and i sent mrs t something...

Mr. T said...

No... kaje email is still good... just the webpage is inactive :(