::Words of Wisdom...

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

:: The Death Blow Has Been Dealt

Today, I announced my resignation to my team. They took it as well as I thought they would. They are a great group of engineers and they expressed their sorrow and then went back to work. I'm sure its all being internalized and I hope it doesn't lead to further fall out within the group.
So I begin the countdown to the exit date and attempt to keep the boat afloat until the changing of the guard.
Meanwhile, I wait for realtors to give us the go ahead on our new address. As I watch the boxes of STUFF collect in the garage and den, its hitting me.. I'm moving to VIRGINIA.

WOW.

8 comments:

mr. schprock said...

Congratulations, Mr. T! I think it takes guts to do what you did, marketing yourself and making the tough move in the best interests of your family. I admire that.

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking of checking out that Spam link up there...it's either that or consider taking over Mr. T's job. I think that would be difficult, because he has to pity fools all day long, and I am short on pity.

-S

Mr. T said...

S. I have a drawer full of pity if you need some. Its the only way I could get through the day.
Its in a bottle marked "Famous Grousse"

Schprock - Thanks mate!

:: reiynscape :: said...

Is that spam from the anon up there? geez...Mr.T, you should know to put the thingy on your blog to type in the letters so those frelln blammers will be stalled in their efforts.

hehahha

--

Yes, you are moving. damnit. =(

--

S,
Take it! Really, take it! So what if you have to learn some patience..or whatever. Take it! There is an excellent opportunity for you S since you have Mr.T & Yodaboy to your aid [i think right Mr.T? =) ] as well as it would be a good latteral advancement for you not only pay wise, but also career wise for your future. Take it! Bend over. Take it! =)

Mr. T said...

I see Reiyn has been hitting at my bottle of pity. ;P

A. Darcy said...

I think virginia is lovely, and I think we should all go to disney world togeather... I am so disjointed today.

Beth said...

The hard part is now, but I think you'll love moving and being in Virginia!

Scott said...

Hang in there tough guy. I hate moving but I seem to do it all the time. You should have plenty to write about at any rate.