::Words of Wisdom...

Thursday, September 08, 2005

:: Been a crazy few weeks

Sorry for being away. Its been a very hairy few weeks. I've taken a job on the other side of the country and I'm having to tell my friends/team/co-workers that I'm leaving.
I don't know if this happens often but it happens often enough to me that I get to work with such great people that over time they become almost family. Its almost heartbreaking to separate from these people. The company itself has nothing to do with it. Its corporate, so its easier to leave; but the team is more than that. They are people... people I've had to share ups and downs with. I will miss them terribly.

Then comes "we can't lose you" speech from management. How can I make them understand that they basically uprooted me in the most dissmal period in the job market and moved me to the most astronomically unreachable standard of living in the US, all for chump change. It was bound to happen some time. Hell, I'm surprised we lasted as long as we did. All I can say is that we've been blessed. I'm thankful for it. But now its time to move on... with or without my current company, though I would be pleased if I could work something out. I just don't think its likely.

I just want to be out of California with as few ripples in my life as possible, is that too much to ask?

3 comments:

Scott said...

I feel for you Mr. T. I've been there before, you leave a company where all your friends work and play together after work, but the pay and job quality suck, and you have to do what you have to for the long term. Good luck with your move; I hope you find good people there too.

Ms. Eva said...

You've made wonderful relationships with these folks . . . don't let the job move kill that completely . . . in this day & age there's no excuse for losing contact with friends & family anymore . . .
How do ya think you wound up with me & D to begin with?
LMAO!
This is a great new beginning for you guys . . . but I could see why it would be hard to let you go. Let this be an indication of how great a person you are.
:)

Beth said...

We have moved so much. I know for John, it had another level of worry. He made the money, he took care of us, we depended on him for the food on the table, the clothes on our back.

Sure, I could help move, clean up, make wherever we were a home, but he was the one really paving our way. He became stronger and wiser each time though.

I think this is a good thing. I have true happy vibes about it ... you know, gut instinct.

Hey, your chump change would make you wealthy here! =)