::Words of Wisdom...

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

:: Saying Goodbye

Super Bug!!This is Super Bug.

ScorpionThis is Scorpion.


Bitter rivals from the day they were conceived. And I'm sure they are at each other's thoraxes when the lights go out. With scorpion's biddy evil red eyes and Superbug's enormous head, I'm sure those battles are epic in porportion.

But by day's break they put away their enmity and begin their vigil watch over my desk.


Fragile Alliance while patrolling sector 3


Inherited from their creator nearly 2.5 years ago, they have watched over and protected my desk with only an occasional squabble or two. (Which usually resolves with me putting Superbug's fragile hands back together. You'd think that big head was his soft spot but no.. his achille's heel is his hands.) Their service to me is near its end and soon another desk will be in much needed help of securing its borders against such enemies as (to name a couple):


  • The Office Collector - This villian pops his head up once and a while stealing money from the locals to pay for its festive rituals and forces us to sign away our souls on pieces of decorative paper
  • MIS - The law of the oppressed. They enforce the totalitarian view against outside IM and the seeking of data via the collective BitTorrent.

They will have their work cut out for them as we move into a more open arena. They will have to be ever vigilant. I wish them well and pray they can keep their pincers off of one another. The safety of the team depends on their paper thin friendship.


May God Have Mercy On Us!

8 comments:

Mr. T said...

Sorry, Had to add the verification stuff.. as I was getting spammed constantly.

Anonymous said...

And you don't want to take them with you?

-S

Mr. T said...

They belong to support.. I could never think of taking them away.

BTW, Do you want superbug? Seems fitting.

Scott said...

Besides, superbug needs to keep an eye on the place when you are gone, or else all hope is lost.

Beth said...

Now that's just plain cute. We have a winner ... this is my favorite post of yours ever.

amberdusk said...

HAHA that was good:) I love the prespective on annoying coworkers. Makes it much more fun

Unknown said...

just b/c you are saying goodbye to cali doesnt mean you are saying good bye to the blog....come on...more posts, please...of course, is time of chaos for y'all now, so will wait patiently until settled in va.

Mr. T said...

its chaotic right now... not only am I leaving the company and moving... but the office itself is moving to a new building.. so I am swamped.
I promise to have a post before I leave and another as soon as I have the servers back online at the new place.

Ciao!