::Words of Wisdom...

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

:: It's a Very Brady Life

Last week I talked about the GenX generation being the "outsiders" and "rejects" because of the awkward era we grew up in. Well, GenX'rs are taking another stab at the younger crowd. First we charged them top dollar for our old back-o'-the-closet clothing we wore when we were younger. Now we have devised the ultimate "See what we had to live with"/"Let's humiliate the young" revenge. This revenge manifests itself in a game show where a group of TRL wannabes are asked to come to a 70's styled house complete with State of the Art HiFi Record player/8 track and wall to wall shag carpet. Premise? To life in this Brady's styled home and live the life of a teenager in the 70's Sounds easy enough right? Ha! Not only is EVERY aspect of this house 70s (right down to the entertainment console that only plays PONG! JOY!;) ) you have to live, breath, TALK and DRESS 70's This is the "see what we had to live with" portion. The clincher on this show is that they take these newly made 70's cats into the world of tomorrow (actually today) and they have to keep up the 70's mindset and dress. HAHAHAHA, obviously this is the humilation part and I'm loving every moment of it. Its a must see! Finally a MTV show worth watching (outside of Viva La Bam, of course)! Tuesdays 10:30pm ET/PT Its Mondo-cool!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I miss Jackass. I get sick of Bam screwing with his parental units.

I wanted to see this show, but missed it. I'm sure Mtv will rerun it again and again and again. =)

Born in 1970, I'm sure I'd dig it.

mr. schprock said...

I went to high school during the early half of the ’70s, and one thing I've noticed is many high school girls of today look just like the girls I went to school with. Straight, long hair parted in the middle and hip-hugger bell-bottom jeans. Some even work a bandana into their act. It's scary.