::Words of Wisdom...

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

:: This Feels Brown

I was laying next to Mrs T last night in the dark caressing her hair and had the sudden thought..
"This feels brown."
Suddenly my logical half, we'll call him Mr. Right, springs to action.
"What do you mean this 'feels brown'," he asked, "how could you possibly feel a color?"
"Just what I said, it feels brown. I'm laying here in the dark and everything is black but feeling her hair I can see it being brown."
Mr. Right scoffed. "Perposterous, her hair could be any color and it would feel the same." He was determined to set me straight.
"I don't know, I think if it were blonde or even black it would feel different. Have a different texture. I've even tried to imagine her hair blonde to see if I could fool myself even before making the statement Mr. Right and the result was the same... brown."
He fumed, "You are simply taking what you know to be true and applying it to a sense."
"Yeah, that may be true, but it still feels brown."
Flabbergasted, Mr. Right bid me good night and mumbled something about not letting me stay up so late anymore.

12 comments:

mr. schprock said...

Hey, we all can feel blue, can't we? So why not the other colors?

Beth said...

I don't touch a lot of hair so don't have enough life experience in this subject to give an intelligent response. =)

Although, I definitely notice blonde hair on teenage girls feels rather light ... natural blonde, that is.

Rambling now.

A. Darcy said...

Hmm, now I can go around petting women's hair in the name of science. I'll let you know how it works out.

Unknown said...

but what if its curly?

Mr. T said...

Sounds like I need to contact Mr. FreeMoney for a federal grant.

Beth said...

I always think curly means brown.

Beth said...

Or black.

Unknown said...

I just tried it, but only felt greasy. And my fingers smelled of a cheap generic brand of Vitalis.

Mr. T said...

Vince, I'll add that to my research notes. Thanks for the input. :)

Unknown said...

garden knitter, very interesting...for some reason i have to agree with you. despite that i have brown curly hair.

Beth said...

Well, it has been true of past boyfriends and such. If it wasn't curly, it was at least wavy. I prefer brunettes though.

Scott said...

T - I just saw The Machinist this weekend. You are right, that movie rocked. Bale was incredible. Talk about dedication to your career, losing all that weight...